Sunday, May 19, 2013

Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation vs. Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation Review: Swatches and Comparison

Hey Lovelys, I recently got two drugstore foundations by Rimmel and I thought I would do a comparison of the two.

Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation

Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation in 250 Classic Beige


Pros:
  • Very natural shade. I got this in 250 Classic Beige. It was slightly too dark for my skin tone but it still looked very natural.
  • Reduced the appearance of pores. This is actually one of the few foundations that minimizes the appearance of pores especially in the T-zone area. I think the powdery finish to this foundation helped reduce the look of pores.
  • Spatula wand make it easy to scoop out the product

Cons:
  • Slightly hard to blend. It dries quickly so you have to blend right after you put it on or else it becomes slightly blotchy looking.
  • Can get cakey looking if you build up the product. Would be better for someone who wants a light to medium coverage.


Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation in 250 Classic Beige: Swatch

Overall, I think this is worth trying if you are looking for an affordable light to medium coverage foundation. I would say that the coverage is somewhat comparable to a BB cream. I really like the color match but it did make my T-zone really oily at the end of the day so I wouldn't recommend this for combination to oily skin.


Next up, Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation
Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation in 200 Soft Beige
Pros:
  • Feels lightweight on the skin
  • Great staying power

Cons:
  • Harder to remove than usual as it kind of stains the skin

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation in 200 Soft Beige: Swatch

Left: Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation in 250 Classic Beige
Right: Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation in 200 Soft Beige




Overall, the Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation is darker and has more dewey finish whereas Soft Beige has a yellow undertone. I noticed that both of these foundations oxidizes and become slightly darker at the end of the day. I would opt for the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation not only because it feels lighter on the skin but it also lasts longer.

What is your favorite drugstore foundation?

Thanks for reading and get updates on my Twitter and Instagram!

xoxo,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment